Here Are Some Great Simple Living Quotes to Keep You Grounded!
Are you striving to achieve a more simple life? Us, too. Sometimes, though, it can be difficult to stay on track and focused on the main motivation behind striving for a simpler life: the fact that a simple life is a happy life. When this happens, we’ve turned to some short quotes about living a simple life for motivation and guidance. In the hopes that some of these quotes might help you the same way, we have compiled some of our favorites into a list.
Whether you are looking for simpler life captions or deep and meaningful simplicity quotes, you have come to the right place. Simplifying your whole life and getting used to a simple lifestyle is certainly a process… but it’s one that we’re confident we (and you) can achieve if we support one another. Hopefully you find as much meaning in the quotes below as we do!
- Forget about the money for a moment. Lose yourself in the wilderness, listen to the music of the softly blowing winds, feel the rain on your bare skin, let the mountains take the burden off your shoulders. – Kiran Bisht
- The greatest challenge in life is to be our own person and accept that being different is a blessing and not a curse. A person who knows who they are lives a simple life by eliminating from their orbit anything that does not align with his or her overriding purpose and values. A person must be selective with their time and energy because both elements of life are limited. – Kilroy J. Oldster, Dead Toad Scrolls
- Live a simple life; you will own the most beautiful treasures of the world! – Mehmet Murat ildan
- The simplest things are overlooked. And yet, it is the simplest things that are the most essential. – Thomas Lloyd Qualls, Painted Oxen
- The complexity of your earthly array is not a guarantee for a triumphant eternity. The fact is that you need a simple life to go to heaven; not an excessively glittering body, shiny lips and charming face. – Israelmore Ayivor
- Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough. – Charles Warner
- A minimalist by intent, I live a beautiful life with fewer things—simple, yet full. – Laurie Buchanan
- I want to live simply, to work honestly, to love completely and to dare mightily, so that when I die, my children, and their children, will know that I died empty, and well satisfied. – Doug Robinson
- The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go. – Steve Maraboli
- I was rich, for there was nothing else that I needed or wanted. – Mark Warren, Two Winters in a Tipi: My Search for the Soul of the Forest
- I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best both for the body and the mind. – Albert Einstein
- Potatoes have much more staying power than caviar. – Mark Helprin, Freddy and Fredericka
- …there are often many things we feel we should do that, in fact, we don’t really have to do. Getting to the point where we can tell the difference is a major milestone in the simplification process. – Elaine St. James, Living the Simple Life: A Guide to Scaling Down and Enjoying More
- The simple things in life are the greatest gifts. – Bryant McGill, Voice of Reason
- Lead a simple life. First reduce your greed. Then reduce your needs. – Ritu Ghatourey
- If you’re not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You’re not going to start using it more by shoving it in a closet somewhere. – Joshua Becker
- It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary. – Paulo Coelho
- Sometimes simplicity and elegance are indistinguishable from each other. – Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words
- Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity! I say, let your affairs be as two or three, and not a hundred or a thousand. – Henry David Thoreau
- You will find that – over time – the weight of life will not fill you. It will consume you. What is meant to bring you fullness drags at your core until you seize to move forward. Eventually, you’ll be forced to make a choice: carry on this way – or de-clutter your soul. – Cebur Penychow
- Let me wake up next to you, have coffee in the morning and wander through the city with your hand in mine, and I’ll be happy for the rest of my f***ed up little life. ― Charlotte Eriksson, Empty Roads & Broken Bottles; in search for The Great Perhaps
- Well, all I need is the air I breathe and a place to rest my head. – OneRepublic, Dreaming Out Loud
- A little simplicity would be the first step toward rational living, I think. – Eleanor Roosevelt
- I have seen countless lives radically changed by the simple notion that we don’t need to own nearly as much stuff as we think we need. – Joshua Becker
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. – Confucius
- We don’t need to increase our goods nearly as much as we need to scale down our wants. Not wanting something is as good as possessing it. – Donald Horban
- Escape from complicated life! Take refuge in simple life! You will find three treasures there: Healthy body, peaceful mind and a life away from ambitious fools! – Mehmet Murat ildan
- You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. – Vernon Howard
- Arranging a bowl of flowers in the morning sun can give a sense of quiet in a crowded day – like writing a poem, or saying a prayer. – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- When the living gets unburdened with needs and desires, the life becomes simple and easy to carry. – Shashi, Songs of the Mist
- Life is like art. You have to work hard to keep it simple and still have meaning. – Charles De Lint
- My new deliberate and slower pace has created a higher quality in my experiences. – Lisa J. Shultz, Lighter Living: Declutter. Organize. Simplify.
- One can furnish a room very luxuriously by taking out furniture rather than putting it in. – Francis Jourdain
- One must learn to be simple, anyone can manage to be complex. – Amit Kalantri, Wealth of Words
- The easiest way to combat greed is by recognizing the value of contentment and simplicity. – Donald L. Hicks, Look into the stillness
And there you have it – a handful of great simple living quotes that we love and try to live by. It’s not always easy – but with motivation and guidance from different sources, it can be easier to keep your eye on the goal of achieving simplicity in whatever form that may be for you!
As always, Keep It Simple,
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”431″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
Pin it for later!